Thursday, January 5, 2012

Replacing Shutter on Canon EOS 30D err99 Famous Canon Repair Problem

Replacing Shutter on Canon EOS 30D err99 Famous Canon Repair Problem Tube. Duration : 1.98 Mins.


Replacing Shutter on Canon EOS 30D Err99 shutter does not open. After 8500 clicks and 3 super careful years my Canon Died Hard. Thanks to Motleypixel for his fine video on this problem and solution. I know he is a Navy guy but I figured an Air Force guy could do the job also. www.youtube.com I ordered both the shutter and the ribbon cable for the shutter which you see in the first slide. Total cost was about .00 with shipping. Canon needs 5.00 to replace it so I bought the parts from canon and repaired it myself. Great service and shipping time from the Canon Parts team 1-800-828-4040. I used my 12 year old Fuji S602 (at least 75k clicks on it) for the pictures so they are not up to EOS quality but you can see what is going on. One part in particular to watch is the single screw that enters the main metal frame from the front and secures one of the leads from the date battery. It is a bear to remove and replace but with some "fun tack" I was able to get it back in without taking the camera down to it's total sum of parts. One other area to watch is the point to point wiring on the PCB that has the USB connector on it. While figuring how to remove that one screw I moved the parts around so much that I broke the white wire and had to re-solder it to the PCB. Oh yea, discharge that cap for the flash or eventually your finger will do the job...LOL

Tags: 30D, EOS, Shutter, Problem, Digital, Camera, Repair, Clicks, err99, error, 99, Aspera, Driver

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
This Web Site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com